You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to apple fitness+

How do you do a workout on Apple Fitness+ . I have an Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV and I can't figure this out? How do you pair the watch to the Fitness app? Is the Fitness app the same as the activity app? I can only preview workouts, not play them. Yes, I signed up for Apple One.

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:25 PM

My wife has hers up and running and has even found a way for 2 people to do a workout at the same time.

And I have the fitness+ tab on my phone and I don't even use fitness+.

Is all your hardware fully updated to ios14.3 and WatchOS7.2.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2020 12:25 PM in response to pdLLuALUocjNaS8

My wife has hers up and running and has even found a way for 2 people to do a workout at the same time.

And I have the fitness+ tab on my phone and I don't even use fitness+.

Is all your hardware fully updated to ios14.3 and WatchOS7.2.

Dec 20, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Community User

No, it doesn't. Apple Support can't figure this out either. It is like no one has ever used the service before. The only thing that works is charging me for the service. You can't actually play the workouts on Apple TV, or even find them on iPhone. The way the Watch interacts with Fitness+ is a total mystery. Apple support just transferred me from person to person and finally gave up.

The article you linked to says, for instance:

If you own an Apple Watch, Apple Fitness+ automatically appears as the center tab in the Fitness app on your iPhone. For iPad, the Fitness app is available for Apple Watch users to download from the App Store. The Fitness app is also available on Apple TV.

However, there are no tabs at all on the Fitness app on my iPhone. It is true that there is a Fitness app on my iPhone and iPad and Apple TV. However, you can't play the workouts on the Apple TV, you can't pair the watch to the Apple TV (if you are even supposed to do that), and you can't even look at the workouts on iPhone.

Dec 20, 2020 1:25 PM in response to Community User

OK, got it working. The key is to update the iPhone to 14.3. Also make sure the Watch is at OS 7.2 . The Apple TV has to be at 14.3. Bluetooth has to be turned on on all devices. Updating the iPhone to 14.3 will enable the Fitness+ functionality in the Watch. It is a key step if you want to do workouts on the Apple TV. You cannot use Fitness+ without updating the iPhone to 14.3, even if you want to do workouts on your Apple TV. You also should reboot all the devices.

how to apple fitness+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.