You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when to replace a 2014 macbook air

when should i replace a 2014 macbook air - just cleaned $150 about to replace battery, $200 or get a new oNE

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:28 PM

Your 2014 has lasted 8 years and that is an excellent lifecycle for any computer. I see that you have macOS Catalina installed as well. I have a 2015 MacBook Pro and I am still using it without issues while connected to an external display.

You have begun to sink money into it and therefore my recommendation is to get a new MacBook Air. In the end, the decision always remains with you.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:28 PM in response to Mort11

Your 2014 has lasted 8 years and that is an excellent lifecycle for any computer. I see that you have macOS Catalina installed as well. I have a 2015 MacBook Pro and I am still using it without issues while connected to an external display.

You have begun to sink money into it and therefore my recommendation is to get a new MacBook Air. In the end, the decision always remains with you.

Axel F.

when to replace a 2014 macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.