You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! Can I self replace a MacBook Air 13' 2017 battery?

Can I self replace a MacBook Air 13' 2017 battery?

And if not.....how long is the replacement ones warranty?

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 6:05 PM

Hello BDG2014,

Yes,

you can replace your MacBook Air 13" 2017 battery by yourself, but it is not recommended by Apple. You can find out more at this link:

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

So, if you decide to receive service for your MacBook Air from a professional, then visit this link:

Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

This is their estimate if you don't have AppleCare+. If you do (though you probably don't by now), you might be eligible for a free repair depending on the conditions.

Also, Apple says that they warrant service parts for around 90 days. If you buy the MacBook Air battery on IFIXIT for which I added a link, then you will have a 1 year warranty to back it.

I'm sorry for all the information, but basically, you can replace your battery by yourself. If you really want to play it safe, get your battery replaced through Apple. And finally, Apple offers to recycle your old battery free of charge, in fact you might even get credit towards a new Apple product:

Batteries - Service and Recycling - Apple

I wish you all the best with your MacBook Air.

I hope all this helps. Have a nice day.

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2022 6:05 PM in response to BDG2014

Hello BDG2014,

Yes,

you can replace your MacBook Air 13" 2017 battery by yourself, but it is not recommended by Apple. You can find out more at this link:

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

So, if you decide to receive service for your MacBook Air from a professional, then visit this link:

Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

This is their estimate if you don't have AppleCare+. If you do (though you probably don't by now), you might be eligible for a free repair depending on the conditions.

Also, Apple says that they warrant service parts for around 90 days. If you buy the MacBook Air battery on IFIXIT for which I added a link, then you will have a 1 year warranty to back it.

I'm sorry for all the information, but basically, you can replace your battery by yourself. If you really want to play it safe, get your battery replaced through Apple. And finally, Apple offers to recycle your old battery free of charge, in fact you might even get credit towards a new Apple product:

Batteries - Service and Recycling - Apple

I wish you all the best with your MacBook Air.

I hope all this helps. Have a nice day.

[Edited by Moderator]

Hi! Can I self replace a MacBook Air 13' 2017 battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.