You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing location of notifications with external monitor not working

I have a new MacBook pro connected to an external monitor. I work in front of the external monitor and that's my primary screen.

I used the displays preferences and moved the white bar to the external monitor screen. While that moved my dock to the external monitor, I am still getting message notifications on my laptop screen.

How do I get the notifications to also show on the external monitor? I had it configured like this with my old computer but I can't seem to figure out how to replicate it.

Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:21 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 12, 2021 11:42 AM in response to Jennifer2413

So now I'm back. The problem has returned.

The monitor is connected via a hub.

I go to my display preferences and the external monitor (right side) has the white bar. My dock correctly shows on my external monitor, but my message notifications are still going to my laptop screen.

I have quit and restarted messages and the notifications continue to show on my laptop screen.

Any ideas?

(OK, now -- literally WHILE writing this post -- I am suddenly getting no notifications for messages on either screen, without having changed anything. I am completely confused.)

Changing location of notifications with external monitor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.