You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external monitor won’t show reminders

I work with an external monitor attached to my MacBook Air (2013, Catalina), and the reminders don’t show up on the external monitor; they only show up on my MacBook screen when it is NOT connected to my external monitor. If I turn off mirroring the displays in System Preferences, then the reminders DO show up on my external monitor, but I lose my dock to my MacBook Air (my dock is shown on my MacBook, but not on my external monitor). I work with my MacBook screen dimmed and don’t want to be working across two screens and having to keep my MacBook screen lit up (I just want it black). Any way either 1) to get my dock onto my external monitor when the displays are not mirrored or 2) to get my reminders to appear on my external monitor when my displays are mirrored? Thank you!

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 9:30 AM

Just figured it out. Here’s how to get the dock up on the external monitor, with notifications showing on the external monitor, as well: 1. Open System Preferences.

1. Select Displays.
  2. Select Arrangement.
  3. Uncheck Mirror Displays.
  4. You’ll see a picture of two monitor screens (both are blue) within the Arrangement window. Drag the screen that has a white line along its top so that it’s directly below the other blue screen that is only blue.

That does it! Now your dock will be on your external monitor, and you will see notifications pop up on your external monitor, as well.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2022 9:30 AM in response to atobteam1

Just figured it out. Here’s how to get the dock up on the external monitor, with notifications showing on the external monitor, as well: 1. Open System Preferences.

1. Select Displays.
  2. Select Arrangement.
  3. Uncheck Mirror Displays.
  4. You’ll see a picture of two monitor screens (both are blue) within the Arrangement window. Drag the screen that has a white line along its top so that it’s directly below the other blue screen that is only blue.

That does it! Now your dock will be on your external monitor, and you will see notifications pop up on your external monitor, as well.

external monitor won’t show reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.