You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activate iphone 6s

I was given an iphone 6S, how do I get in to activate it, keeps asking for an icloud email, previous owner doesnt have password? Help me please

iPhone, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 9:42 PM

Unless the previous owner removes their Apple ID from this phone, you will not be able to activate it, and it will be useless to you. There is nothing anyone here, nor Apple, can do to assist you with this.

If the previous owner does not remember their password, have them review the following article:

After they recover it, then have them follow the directions in this article to prepare the phone for a new owner:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2020 9:42 PM in response to iphone6sChico

Unless the previous owner removes their Apple ID from this phone, you will not be able to activate it, and it will be useless to you. There is nothing anyone here, nor Apple, can do to assist you with this.

If the previous owner does not remember their password, have them review the following article:

After they recover it, then have them follow the directions in this article to prepare the phone for a new owner:

activate iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.