You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation trouble

Hi, I have an old iPhone 4 which I’m having trouble trying too activate because I no longer have the email account or Apple ID I used to set it up originally, Is there any way activating it or should I just bin it?

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 11:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 11:46 PM

Why should you bin it?

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 12.4.6, iPhone SE iOS 13.4.1, iPhone 8 iOS 13.4.1 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 13.4.1. Prior to that I had iPhone 3GS which is not working any more.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS is released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update because I have never downloaded anything over internet directly. Always used apps from App Store only.

Though iOS is not released for many of the above devices but I do not find any issue in its functionality.

Click->If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple ...

Click->If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Click->If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2020 11:46 PM in response to Rowey07

Why should you bin it?

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 12.4.6, iPhone SE iOS 13.4.1, iPhone 8 iOS 13.4.1 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 13.4.1. Prior to that I had iPhone 3GS which is not working any more.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS is released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update because I have never downloaded anything over internet directly. Always used apps from App Store only.

Though iOS is not released for many of the above devices but I do not find any issue in its functionality.

Click->If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple ...

Click->If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Click->If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Activation trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.