You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purpose of Apple TV+

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of Apple TV+? Apple just started billing me $6 a month for this service. All I've ever been able to get from this service is that I can buy the opportunity to watch movies and shows using my Apple TV. Why should I pay Apple for the opportunity to pay them again? If I want to watch something, I can just rent or buy it on iTunes without paying Apple $6 a month. I don't get it. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 6:15 AM

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding Apple TV+.

Apple TV+ is a subscription channel for Apple Original content. It is optional.

You will need the Apple TV+ subscription to see any of the Apple TV+ content. It is not available elsewhere.

Other content, particularly movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store, is NOT part of this subscription. You don’t need a subscription to buy or rent these titles. Even though both types are available in the same app.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Stephen Glick

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding Apple TV+.

Apple TV+ is a subscription channel for Apple Original content. It is optional.

You will need the Apple TV+ subscription to see any of the Apple TV+ content. It is not available elsewhere.

Other content, particularly movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store, is NOT part of this subscription. You don’t need a subscription to buy or rent these titles. Even though both types are available in the same app.

Purpose of Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.