You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does MacBook Pro 16” i9 2.3GHz 1 TB have standard USB ports?

Does 2020 MacBook Pro 16” 2.3 GHz 1 TB Have a standard USB port? I need to transfer some files from my Dell computer onto a new MacBook Pro that is on order

MacBook

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 10:45 AM

All new MacBook Pros and Airs have the newer USB-C port. If you don't want to buy a special cable or adapter you may want to transfer files via wi-fi or use a service such as Dropbox.

If you need to buy an adapter (e.g. to connect an external USB drive), see the following: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

The following also may help: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 10:45 AM in response to JDR38

All new MacBook Pros and Airs have the newer USB-C port. If you don't want to buy a special cable or adapter you may want to transfer files via wi-fi or use a service such as Dropbox.

If you need to buy an adapter (e.g. to connect an external USB drive), see the following: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

The following also may help: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

Does MacBook Pro 16” i9 2.3GHz 1 TB have standard USB ports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.