You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri pops up all the time without asking

I have disabled Siri and it keeps popping up asking if I want to enable it. So I enabled it. It keeps popping up asking if I need help when my cursor is nowhere near and I haven't said a word. WHY? This happens and my music pops on every time I have my headphones in. I've had to stop plugging my headphones in! This is a brand new MacBook Pro that I just got on December 2nd!! Too many little bugs!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:41 PM

sharon289 wrote:

I have disabled Siri and it keeps popping up asking if I want to enable it. So I enabled it. It keeps popping up asking if I need help when my cursor is nowhere near and I haven't said a word. WHY? This happens and my music pops on every time I have my headphones in. I've had to stop plugging my headphones in! This is a brand new MacBook Pro that I just got on December 2nd!! Too many little bugs!

You do not say what Mac this is— if it has Touchbar you can remove it from the Control Strip

reference: Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

How to use Siri on your Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206993

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2020 4:41 PM in response to sharon289

sharon289 wrote:

You do not say what Mac this is— if it has Touchbar you can remove it from the Control Strip

reference: Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

How to use Siri on your Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206993

Siri pops up all the time without asking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.