You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri keeps popping up on my MacBook screen while I'm typing

Siri keeps popping up on my screen undesired while I am working. It seems to be triggered while I am typing. I have tried to disable "Enable Ask Siri" in Settings, but when I return to check it again later, it has been enabled again. It is incredibly frustrating that I have to take time out of my work day to try to troubleshoot this, no less after dropping nearly $4000 on a my laptop. Does anyone know how to actually disable Siri?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2020 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:33 PM

dariusjaeger wrote:

Siri keeps popping up on my screen undesired while I am working. It seems to be triggered while I am typing. I have tried to disable "Enable Ask Siri" in Settings, but when I return to check it again later, it has been enabled again. It is incredibly frustrating that I have to take time out of my work day to try to troubleshoot this, no less after dropping nearly $4000 on a my laptop. Does anyone know how to actually disable Siri?

>System Preferences>Siri> Disable

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2020 12:33 PM in response to dariusjaeger

dariusjaeger wrote:

>System Preferences>Siri> Disable

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Siri keeps popping up on my MacBook screen while I'm typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.