You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover hidden app iphone

A few weeks ago I thought to delete an app from my iPhone to reinstall it. I did not delete it, but have hidden it. Is there a way to unhide/recover that app?

I can start it by searching for it in the App Store. I am not able to download and install it again. I can not search using Spotlight as my search/Spotlight seems to be broken.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 6:19 AM

no.. that's Today View, reached by swiping right.

You need to swipe from right side of your screen to the left side of your screen (which unless I'm off base, is swiping left).. this will bring you to screens that are positioned further to the right each time. At the very end is the App Library

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Macamba

no.. that's Today View, reached by swiping right.

You need to swipe from right side of your screen to the left side of your screen (which unless I'm off base, is swiping left).. this will bring you to screens that are positioned further to the right each time. At the very end is the App Library

Dec 12, 2020 7:57 AM in response to Macamba

I'm assuming that you 'Removed' it from the Home Screen rather than deleted it.

When you search for it in the App Store it says 'Open'?

If this is the case,

On your Home Screen swipe left until you get to the App Library,

Swipe downward in the App Library.. and all your apps will be displayed in an alphabetical list.

Find the app in the list or use the search field, once located, tap/hold until it raises/selects and then drag.

It should pop back out to your Home Screen and you can put it where you like

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Recover hidden app iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.