You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch app on iPhone 11 Pro is corrupt

The Watch app on my iPhone 11 Pro is corrupt, and I can't delete it to then restore it. I tap it & it won't open. I can see it when I look at all open apps, but it's blank & won't open.

I've reset the Watch so it's no longer paired with the phone, but it's not making a difference. Help!

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 6:30 PM

See if this support document will help you. Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support The Watch app can be deleted from the iPhone. If you are in iOS 14, if you long press on the App all you can do is remove it from the Home screen. However, if you go to the App Library and long press on the app, you get the option to Delete the App.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2020 6:30 PM in response to Burma87

See if this support document will help you. Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support The Watch app can be deleted from the iPhone. If you are in iOS 14, if you long press on the App all you can do is remove it from the Home screen. However, if you go to the App Library and long press on the app, you get the option to Delete the App.

Dec 6, 2020 7:48 PM in response to Burma87

You should be able to delete the watch app from your device, see Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch – Apple Support for steps on how to do so.

You should then be able to re-download the Watch app from the App Store and hopefully the Watch app will work after that.

Steps for re-downloading the Watch app can be found in the above link.

Best of luck!

Dec 13, 2020 6:15 PM in response to ShadowDust99

Thank you for your help!

Yes, it does. Then it tells me:

There isn't any watch paired with it, and note that it says "To delete this app from the Home Screen..." which is not what I want to do. I want to delete it from the phone itself so that I can download it again. I tap it to open and it crashes immediately. I've also tried the "Pair ..." function and it still crashes. I think I'm going to have to call Apple.

Watch app on iPhone 11 Pro is corrupt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.