You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch message count not syncing with iphone message count

My Apple watch Message icon is not syncing up with my iPhone Messages. On my old Apple watch it would clear out when i checked on my iphone and the other way also. now i have to "read" each message again on my apple watch even though i already read on my iphone. Tried restarting both devices and made sure that my settings are using my apple ID. i did recently replace my apple watch so wondering if that is the problem. Right now my Message icon is showing 29 messages but i have read them all via my iPhone so result should be zero on my Apple Watch view. help.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 11:40 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2020 11:23 AM in response to CosmicUnicorn02

Hey CosmicUnicorn02,

We see that your Messages notification doesn't sync up correctly from your Apple Watch to your iPhone, and we'd like to help!

Do you have your Apple Watch on and unlocked at all times when you receive your messages from your iPhone? We want to make sure that your Apple Watch is correctly syncing from your iPhone when they're both nearby and unlocked.

Also, please check out this helpful article and let us know if it helps: Notifications on your Apple Watch

Be sure to check out the bottom section of that article as well that says 'If you don't see notifications on your Apple Watch'.

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

Apple watch message count not syncing with iphone message count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.