You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want icloud-

How can I just have my phone calendar advise me of family birthdays like it used to.

I just want a simple phone with my calendars showing birthdays on the day. Why is it so hard and not happening anymore.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 2:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 8:53 AM

Hi sharynnel,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you would like to keep your iOS calendar up-to-date without using iCloud.

"You can also add calendars or calendar subscriptions from your email account, social media, and more, and they'll stay up to date across your devices. iCloud can help you manage your events and appointments so you're where you need to be, when you need to be there."

You can learn more about using your calendar below.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2020 8:53 AM in response to sharynnel

Hi sharynnel,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you would like to keep your iOS calendar up-to-date without using iCloud.

"You can also add calendars or calendar subscriptions from your email account, social media, and more, and they'll stay up to date across your devices. iCloud can help you manage your events and appointments so you're where you need to be, when you need to be there."

You can learn more about using your calendar below.

Cheers!

Nov 30, 2020 2:41 PM in response to Chris_C1

My question is how can I use my calendar without icloud. Your answer is with icloud. So not a helpful answer to the actual question. I don't understand nor like having updates and changes to how I use my phone. May be great for younger people but I need a routine way of doing things I can remember and it is not happening anymore because of icloud and updates. Is Apple no longer letting us use our phone the way I have always done? Sharynne

I don't want icloud-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.