You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro - Bootcamp screen goes black after restart.

So i've got a 2019 Mac Pro and I've been encountering the most infuriating issue trying to set up Bootcamp.

My SSD partitions without issue and I download the necessary support files without issue also. When the computer restarts and is supposed to boot up into the Windows 10 installation - there's no screen output at ALL. My monitor goes into rest mode and there's nothing on any of the inputs. To get back onto Mac OS I have to do a hard turn off the mac and restart (interestingly if connected to hdmi there's still no output but does have output through thunderbolt).

SO here's a list of things I've tried:

Tried running in safe mode

Made sure the security settings in the boot mode is completely open

Tried both thunderbolt and HDMI.

Tried 4k/1080p monitor

Made sure nothing else is connected to Mac

Tried it with bluetooth turned off

Tried leaving it for over an hour

Tried waking up with keyboard/mouse

Tried downloading necessary AMD drivers (didn't try putting them anywhere.. wouldn't know where to)

Tried a new bootcamp partition over 10 times.

Here are my Mac Pro specs:

Mac Pro (2019)

3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W

48 GB 2933 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

plzhelp

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 3:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:55 AM

I managed to get this to work in the end.. I had to delete the bootcamp partition. Turn the Mac Pro completely off - connect a 1080p monitor via HDMI, boot it up - and then run through bootcamp. It then worked!

Must be some issue with windows drivers looking for a thunderbolt video out? Once windows installed and got its **** together I could then go back to my 4k thunderbolt monitor.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2020 8:55 AM in response to Jorgeperes

I managed to get this to work in the end.. I had to delete the bootcamp partition. Turn the Mac Pro completely off - connect a 1080p monitor via HDMI, boot it up - and then run through bootcamp. It then worked!

Must be some issue with windows drivers looking for a thunderbolt video out? Once windows installed and got its **** together I could then go back to my 4k thunderbolt monitor.

Mac Pro - Bootcamp screen goes black after restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.