You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur does not allow me to give permission for apps to open

Hi all,

I installed Big Sur and now I am trying to open Bluestacks and it need permission to open. In the settings & privacy I usually click open and it is fine. With Big Sur the open button is not showing and Bluestacks just shuts down.

How can I get the open button to appear? I am using dark mode and a Macbook pro of late 2017.

This is the only app this has happened with. The rest seem ok and installed with out asking m to give permission.

TIA

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Hi,

I just checked their website again... and you can!

This is the link... just click on the "download latest version" button.

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053434311-How-to-use-BlueStacks-on-MacOS-11-Big-Sur

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 13, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Unleashed

Unleashed wrote:

Hi all,

I installed Big Sur and now I am trying to open Bluestacks and it need permission to open. In the settings & privacy I usually click open and it is fine. With Big Sur the open button is not showing and Bluestacks just shuts down.

How can I get the open button to appear? I am using dark mode and a Macbook pro of late 2017.

This is the only app this has happened with. The rest seem ok and installed with out asking m to give permission.

TIA

You can hold the Control key and click

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Nov 27, 2020 1:43 AM in response to Unleashed

Hi,

After doing a bit of research on the Bluestacks website, I have found out that Bluestacks is not yet compatible with Big Sur.

NOTE: BlueStacks for MacOS is currently not supported on Mac® OS 11.0 (Big Sur). <- This is what I found

Here is the BlueStacks Support page I got this info from:

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047793232-What-to-do-if-you-re-unable-to-give-BlueStacks-permission-to-run-on-MacOS-

We will just have to wait until a new update (I had the same problem)

big sur does not allow me to give permission for apps to open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.