You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch app missing multiple watch faces and will not let me customize status symbols

I just set up my new Apple Watch 6. As I was trying to customize the watch face on the watch app, the screen kept going blank. I’d close the app and start all over again. This happened multiple times. Now the watch app is missing a bunch of watch faces. Also when I try to customize any of the watch faces, the only status symbol options I have are the battery and cellular symbols. I’m not sure what happened.

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 5:55 PM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2020 5:44 PM in response to cpeterson1977

Hello cpeterson1977,

We understand you are having an issue with customizing watch faces and now they have disappeared from the Apple Watch app. We'd love to assist you. First, are you running the most up to date software on both your iPhone and Apple Watch? You can check for the latest version on the iPhone in Settings > General > About, next to version. It should show 14.2. For the Apple Watch, please go to Settings > General > About, and next to version it should show 7.0.2. If they are not showing the latest versions, then please update the software at your earliest convenience.

Also, have you tried restarting both devices using the steps below?

Restart iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

Have a great day!

Watch app missing multiple watch faces and will not let me customize status symbols

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.