You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I still being billed for iCloud storage? I have not upgraded for more storage but am still being bill .99 a month and my storage is full? I have tried to remove my card info the last 3 months and it keeps showing I owe 1 more bill period?

Why am I still being billed for iCloud storage when it is full? I have not upgraded and the last 3 months I’ve tried to remove my card info but it is telling me I have one more payment? It has been full why am I still being billed .99 each month?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 4:53 PM

You’re welcome. When you cancel you get the 30 days grace to copy data to some other storage (laptop, desktop, other online account) so you can keep it. So if you do wish to cancel just come up with a plan to copy files, photos and whatever else you want to keep somewhere else first for safe keeping.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Mcarter503

You’re welcome. When you cancel you get the 30 days grace to copy data to some other storage (laptop, desktop, other online account) so you can keep it. So if you do wish to cancel just come up with a plan to copy files, photos and whatever else you want to keep somewhere else first for safe keeping.

Oct 28, 2020 4:30 PM in response to Mcarter503

It’s a subscription for an allotment of space. It doesn’t matter whether it’s full or not, you still pay monthly for the subscription.

If you don’t want it anymore, cancel the subscription -> Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

Note that 30 days after you cancel, data will be purged from your account to get your used storage back down under the free 5GB limit.

Oct 28, 2020 4:39 PM in response to Mcarter503

The most important thing is to clarify for yourself if it's your iPhone's internal storage that is full, or if it's indeed your iCloud storage that is full.

You can check your iPhone's local on-board device storage following these steps:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201656

By local storage this refers to the specific model type of your iPhone, like if you have a 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB model, for example.

And you can check your Apple ID's iCloud storage usage here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201318

By iCloud storage this refers to if you're on the free 5GB plan, or the paid 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB plan, for example. Since you mentioned 99-cents a month, it sounds like you're on the 50GB plan.

Depending on the results (i.e. if your out of local iPhone storage versus out of iCloud storage) and what you want to do, that will affect how you need to move forward.

You can cancel, downgrade, or upgrade your iCloud storage plan... if that's actually the specific issue following the steps here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207594

To avoid data loss though, you don't want to carelessly cancel an iCloud storage plan if you would be over your free 5GB iCloud storage limit without planning accordingly in advance to move your iCloud data to your iPhone...if your iPhone would have enough physical space to accommodate the amount of data in question. Thus, it's important to be very clear if it's local iPhone or iCloud storage that you're hitting the limits of.

Most people get confused by the fact their local iPhone (64/128/256GB) storage is full, and they try to resolve this "storage is full" warning through buying more iCloud storage, and don't actually switch to using more data to specifically use iCloud. This may or may not be what is going on with you specifically.

If this doesn't clarify the issue enough I suggest posting a screenshot here of the results of checking your local iPhone current storage and availability, as well as your iCloud storage use and availability.

Why am I still being billed for iCloud storage? I have not upgraded for more storage but am still being bill .99 a month and my storage is full? I have tried to remove my card info the last 3 months and it keeps showing I owe 1 more bill period?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.