You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do i have to log into iTunes match repeatedly?

I always have to log in to my itunes account to be able to listen to all the music on itunes match ... this was not the case before. no idea what is wrong and how to fix it? Just not the all music is gone, but 3/4 can not be listened to without logging in .... why?

someone who can help me with this...

thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 7:08 AM

You cannot access content in the cloud unless you are signed into your account. You shouldn't need to be signed in to play locally stored media unless it is Apple Music content that contains DRM, however if you're not signed into your Apple ID then the principle feature of iTunes Match, that changes to your library get updated in your iCloud Music Library, and are then available to your other libraries and devices, won't work. What is the error message you get when you run into this issue? You can turn off iCloud Music Library (AKA Sync Library) before signing out of your Apple ID.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2020 7:08 AM in response to hanneke114

You cannot access content in the cloud unless you are signed into your account. You shouldn't need to be signed in to play locally stored media unless it is Apple Music content that contains DRM, however if you're not signed into your Apple ID then the principle feature of iTunes Match, that changes to your library get updated in your iCloud Music Library, and are then available to your other libraries and devices, won't work. What is the error message you get when you run into this issue? You can turn off iCloud Music Library (AKA Sync Library) before signing out of your Apple ID.

tt2

Why do i have to log into iTunes match repeatedly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.