You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s the point of Apple TV

I am wondering if I am missing the point. I have a free year subscription To Apple TV and would have considered continuing, but I have to ask what we get for $7.99 a month? I seem to have about 5 free TV programmes and a list of things I have to pay for. I can get that for free on the internet. Why pay? What am I missing here?

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:33 AM

This is a user helping other users with

tech questions forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

you can probably not expect a sales pitch here, here are what appletv+ has, and I can only assume they intend to add more stuff over time

Apple TV+ - Apple

13 replies

Sep 24, 2020 5:48 AM in response to BunnyBanshee

With the Apple TV app on your Apple device, smart TV, or third party streaming device [1], you can access:

The year offer is for Apple TV+ (not Apple TV). Other content in the Apple TV app is not part of that subscription, and will have to be payed for separately, if you want to see any of that. The Apple Originals are unique to Apple TV+, and not available elsewhere. It currently consists of 8 movies and 28 TV shows with varying number of episodes.

Sep 24, 2020 5:42 AM in response to BunnyBanshee

There is considerably more than five programs available with the subscription . There currently at least seven feature films (with more on the way) and more than three dozen series. These are all exclusive to AppleTV+.

Any thing you see that you have to pay separately for is not part of the subscription, its iTunes content or additional channels.

Sep 24, 2020 7:46 AM in response to BunnyBanshee

I would have paid $79.90/y for eight movies and 28 TV shows?

Well, more content gets added every month, but yeah, that is roughly how this subscription works. The catalog won’t suddenly quadruple in size.

Think I’ll stick to Stan and Netflix 😉

Of course, choose the subscriptions that you want and that you think are worth your money. In the meantime, enjoy your free year.

What’s the point of Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.