You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Apps Not installing through iPhone app

I am running IOS 14 and WatchOS 7. I have rebooted both devices, done a hard resets on both devices and even repaired my watch to my phone. Nothing fixes this. I cannot install apps from the iPhone Apple Watch app. The install circle appears for a second and then stops and reverts to the work INSTALL. The only way to add apps to my Watch is through the App Store on the watch itself. Any suggestions?!?! I am at a loss.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 6:27 PM

10 replies

Sep 19, 2020 7:47 AM in response to youngfox

I have been having the same issue ever since I updated to Watch OS 7 according to the developer forum people were having this issue starting with the second beta. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/654404 I think it’s pretty ridiculous that they have had this issue for so long and not bothered to fix it. Seems to be a series 3 issue only, so maybe that’s why.

Oct 1, 2020 12:27 PM in response to youngfox

Here's what I've tried to no avail:

• Re-paired the watch
  • Installing apps from the watch
  • Installing new apps with the "Auto Install Apps" feature turned on
  • Deleting existing apps and re-downloading them with the above feature on

I might try unpairing and deleting the watch app, but it sounds like that hasn't helped folks.

Sep 19, 2020 9:09 AM in response to youngfox

Interesting that it affects more than one generation. I can’t believe that Apple would let an issue like that go unchecked. The fix that I have seen some people do is to unpair your watch and then delete the watch app. It didn’t work for me though. Some people running the 7.1 beta said that the issue is still there so it could be a month or so before we get a fix.

Apple Watch Apps Not installing through iPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.