You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a IPhone 6 Plus and I just bought a Apple Watch Series3 with GPS. It won’t let me pair them. It says to update my phone to Ios13 but it won’t. It’s says it’s updated but the version is 12.4.8. Not sure what to do now. Can anyone help me?

I have a IPhone 6 Plus and I just bought a Apple Watch Series3 with GPS. It won’t let me pair them. It says to upgrade to ios13 but my IPhone says it’s updated already to 12.4.8. What can I do to activate my Apple Watch? Everytime I try to pair them it unpairs them immediately. Can anyone help me?

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:41 PM

You need a device running IOS 13 for a newly purchased watch as it will have Watch OS 6 on it.

If it has Watch OS7 on it you'll need a phone that has IOS14 on it

1 reply

I have a IPhone 6 Plus and I just bought a Apple Watch Series3 with GPS. It won’t let me pair them. It says to update my phone to Ios13 but it won’t. It’s says it’s updated but the version is 12.4.8. Not sure what to do now. Can anyone help me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.