You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no internet on my 2010 macbook

2010 MacBook Pro won’t connect to the internet. Ethernet or WiFi. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 12:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 7:03 PM

madinolfi24 Said:

"no internet on my 2010 macbook 2010 MacBook Pro won’t connect to the internet. Ethernet or WiFi. Any ideas?"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Use these Links:

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2020 7:03 PM in response to madinolfi24

madinolfi24 Said:

"no internet on my 2010 macbook 2010 MacBook Pro won’t connect to the internet. Ethernet or WiFi. Any ideas?"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Use these Links:

Sep 7, 2020 9:25 AM in response to madinolfi24

Hello madinolfi24,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that you can't connect your Mac to Wi-Fi. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If you can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network on Mac

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Sep 7, 2020 6:27 PM in response to madinolfi24

Open a Browser

enter 1.1.1.1 in the search bar.

If you get the CloudFlare splash page, you have a Domain Name Server (DNS) problem. [cloud flare is NOT part of the solution, they just have the absolute simplest numeric web address that responds with a splash page.]

Sometimes DNS gets set to 0.0.0.0, or perhaps to an address that is no longer in operation as a DNS.

If you need helps selecting a DNS server, post back

Sep 8, 2020 10:29 AM in response to madinolfi24

madinolfi24 Said:

"no internet on my 2010 macbook: Somehow my dns got deleted or changed. All is well now. Thanks so much."

-------

You are welcome.

As for the DNS Getting changed:

Any Security Software installed? If so, uninstall it. Use an uninstaller, and get the Uninstaller from the Developer and none other. Getting it elsewhere may result in Malware or Spyware getting installed on your Mac. The DNS would have been be changed and modified for non other than Security & Privacy settings. Security Software just gets in the way on a Mac, and this is a pure example of how and why. So, if that is installed, uninstall it. Ask the Developer, which Uninstaller to use.

no internet on my 2010 macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.