You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from device but not cloud

Hi! I recently bought an ipad to use with our Square POS system for our business, and when setting up I used my personal Apple ID account. Now all my personal photos are on the business iPad. I created a new Apple ID, turned off iCloud for photos, but they are still no the business iPad.

How can I delete them from the business iPad but keep them on my personal MacBook and iPhone?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 11:47 AM

Shovelcity wrote:

Hi! I recently bought an ipad to use with our Square POS system for our business, and when setting up I used my personal Apple ID account. Now all my personal photos are on the business iPad. I created a new Apple ID, turned off iCloud for photos, but they are still no the business iPad.
How can I delete them from the business iPad but keep them on my personal MacBook and iPhone?

disable photos on the ipad

settings > [your name] > iCloud > photos > iCloud photos to OFF

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2020 11:47 AM in response to Shovelcity

Shovelcity wrote:

disable photos on the ipad

settings > [your name] > iCloud > photos > iCloud photos to OFF

Deleting photos from device but not cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.