You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 7 does not ring when someone not on my favorites list calls. is shows up as a "recent call"

Someone calls my iPhone 7+ who is not in my contacts list, my phone does not ring, but shows up later as a recent call.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 6:53 PM

Hello d063163!

We see you are having some trouble with calls that aren't in your contacts being silenced so you don't get a notification when they come in. We can help get this resolved. That is caused by a feature called Silence Unknown Callers. You can see how to disable that feature here: Detect and block spam phone calls

Hope that helps. Have an excellent day!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2020 6:53 PM in response to d063163

Hello d063163!

We see you are having some trouble with calls that aren't in your contacts being silenced so you don't get a notification when they come in. We can help get this resolved. That is caused by a feature called Silence Unknown Callers. You can see how to disable that feature here: Detect and block spam phone calls

Hope that helps. Have an excellent day!

my iphone 7 does not ring when someone not on my favorites list calls. is shows up as a "recent call"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.