You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to stop the family organizer from getting purchase notifications?

If I use a iTunes gift card for a in app purchase will the family organizer still get a purchase receipt?

Am I able to stop the organizer from getting purchase notifications?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 1:25 AM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2020 8:15 AM in response to OwenW100

Hello OwenW100,

We understand that you want to know if you use an iTunes gift card for an in app purchase will the family member still get a purchase receipt. We're happy to provide some information about using gift cards with Family Sharing.

If a family member has store credit on their Apple ID then the credit is used before any remainder is charged to the organizer's payment method. The family organizer will still get a purchase receipt for the purchase. The iTunes Gift card must be redeemed onto the Family Member's account and not the Family Organizer's account. 

You can read more about Family Sharing purchases and payments here:

Family purchases and payments

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Am I able to stop the family organizer from getting purchase notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.