You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Storage Full?

I have an Apple Watch series 3 with 1 app installed, and no music. About once a week to 10 days, the storage fills up. I have to restart the watch for it to show that there is 1.5 GB free, which is how it should be. I check the usage logs before the restart and after, and nothing changes. I can't for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening. I've searched the Interwebs as well as the support community and there doesn't seem to be an answer. I've attached photos showing the "about" section of the watch and usage before the restart and then afterwards. Any help is appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 9:18 PM

Having the same problems with Series 3 Watch OS 6.2.6 and iPhone X 13.5.1. After 7 days, my storage is full and I have no 3rd party apps on my watch and no photos. The Settings, About, Usage shows hardly any storage being used. I factory reset Apple Watch twice now as a new watch with no luck. I really want to see some movement from Apple on this. Is this being resolved in 6.2.8??

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2020 9:18 PM in response to nhurlbert

Having the same problems with Series 3 Watch OS 6.2.6 and iPhone X 13.5.1. After 7 days, my storage is full and I have no 3rd party apps on my watch and no photos. The Settings, About, Usage shows hardly any storage being used. I factory reset Apple Watch twice now as a new watch with no luck. I really want to see some movement from Apple on this. Is this being resolved in 6.2.8??

Jul 4, 2020 3:07 PM in response to nhurlbert

It was either 6.2.5 or 6.2.6. I just talked to Apple Support rep (Cody) yesterday about this. Software engineers are treating this issue as number 1 priority, but the rep wasn't sure if it would be 6.2.8... He also said that they have collected enough logs on this which makes me think they've known for a couple of weeks about it.

It's surprising that they didn't find it on their Beta. Watch OS needs a better / different Beta program that it's restricted to software devs and is free.

Apple Watch Series 3 Storage Full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.