You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Changed password on iPad but won't work on iPhone

I was locked out of my iphone and had to change the password on iPad. I've been able to log into icloud using the new password but when I try on my iphone, it won't work and now it's looking me out for an hour. What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't my new password that I created on my iPad work on my iPhone? Please help... thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 10:33 AM

Passcodes on separate devices, such as iPad and iPhone, are independent of each other; they are not synchronised between devices. You can be manually set the same Passcode on each device, but they are otherwise unrelated.

By contrast, your AppleID and associated Password are common to all devices that are logged-in with the same AppleID.

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2020 10:33 AM in response to therealtaajmahalie

Passcodes on separate devices, such as iPad and iPhone, are independent of each other; they are not synchronised between devices. You can be manually set the same Passcode on each device, but they are otherwise unrelated.

By contrast, your AppleID and associated Password are common to all devices that are logged-in with the same AppleID.

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

iPhone 11 Changed password on iPad but won't work on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.