You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password not syncing

Just started using my IPad again. I did an update and it wants me to log in but does not recognize my password that I use on my Iphone. Is it possible it had an older password stored and how can I fix it w/o having to change my password on both devices?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 11:05 AM

Your device passcode is independent between devices. Each device passcode relates to that device alone.

Changing the passcode singularly on either your iPad or iPhone will not change the passcode on the other device; by design the passcode is not synchronised between devices.

By contrast, your AppleID is shared between all devices that are logged-in to your AppleID - such as iCloud and App Store etc.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2020 11:05 AM in response to LS-WA

Your device passcode is independent between devices. Each device passcode relates to that device alone.

Changing the passcode singularly on either your iPad or iPhone will not change the passcode on the other device; by design the passcode is not synchronised between devices.

By contrast, your AppleID is shared between all devices that are logged-in to your AppleID - such as iCloud and App Store etc.

Password not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.