You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple refuse to refund me?

Hi there so while going over my bank statements I noticed that my YouTube premium subscription had been coming out of my account twice a month for a year costing £31.98 in total instead of the £15.99. I called apple and was only offered a partial refund of £47. Out of the £191.88 total I had been over billed. I only have one gmail address registered to the account and told Apple I could prove this to show their was not possible way for me to be using this second subscription I know nothing about. I was told “well to be honest you should have noticed sooner so we can’t offer you anymore of a refund” I thought that wasn’t the usual response Apple would give to asked to speak to a higher up and he was just as unsympathetic to the issue. Felt like their view was “we no it was a mistake and you couldn’t possibly have used the addition membership but we have our money now so go away” I asked to issue a complaint and was told “someone may or may not get back to you” which didn’t fill me with much confidence. Don’t know what to do next?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:50 AM

Hello,

This is a user-to user forum. You are not speaking to Apple.

If you'd like to complain about an Advisor you spoke to, the only way to do that is to call Apple again and ask to speak to another Advisor.

Unfortunately, if a more senior advisor has rejected your request for the other refunds, I believe that there is no other way to try and get a refund.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:50 AM in response to Scott-m-m-

Hello,

This is a user-to user forum. You are not speaking to Apple.

If you'd like to complain about an Advisor you spoke to, the only way to do that is to call Apple again and ask to speak to another Advisor.

Unfortunately, if a more senior advisor has rejected your request for the other refunds, I believe that there is no other way to try and get a refund.

Jun 2, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Scott-m-m-

If you didn't follow up on this for a year, yes, part of the responsibility is on you. Most companies will only refund you for two to three months overbilling as the reasonable assumption is that that is long enough for you to see the problem, research it and report it.

Have you checked to make sure that you didn't also subscribe through YouTube directly?

Apple refuse to refund me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.