You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from my mac won't sync to iCloud but my iPhone worked fine

Pretty much as the title suggests.

I haven't ever stored photos in my iCloud before but decided to start. My phone and mac use the same iCloud account and the photos from my phone uploaded fine and continue to sync when I take new ones but none of the photos on my laptop have synced.

I have the iCloud checkbox checked in the Photos app settings, I've tried restarting my laptop, reconnecting to the network and updating my software but nothing has worked so far.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2020 4:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies

May 21, 2020 11:57 AM in response to kem522

When you did Photos/Preferences/iCloud, did you also check either Download Originals or Optimize Mac Storage? In System Preferences/Apple ID, is Photos syncing checked in iCloud?

Try going to System Preferences/Apple ID and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Jun 25, 2020 6:25 AM in response to tygb

I have this problem too. I take a photo on my Phone - and it goes across to my iPad fine - but it does not appear in my Photo on my MacBook Pro. I have checked in iCloud and its there. I have also turned off syncing - and then turned back on and still the problem persists.

Furthermore, if I e-mail the Photo to myself and then try and Import it into Photo's it initially gives you a box of 'Review for Import' but then a circle appears on the Photo Toolbar (that usually gets 'filled in as photo's import) but nothing happens and the circle remains empty.

Photos from my mac won't sync to iCloud but my iPhone worked fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.