You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps forgetting airpods as a device

I have had my AirPods for about 5 months and just started experiencing problems today. I connected my airpods to my laptop so I could watch a video, and although they were connected the sound was playing through the speakers and not the airpods. I disconnected and reconnected several times. I settled for watching the video on my phone, but the problem was the same. I tried disconnecting my phone and reconnecting. After reconnecting once, I closed the case and reopened it—and the airpod screen popped up and gave me the option to connect as if they were not my airpods. Now, everytime I open the case, a window opens that says either “Airpods: you can temporarily connect airpods to this phone to share audio” or the Not Your Airpods window. I will connect, and only the R airpod will play audio, but as soon as I close the case and open it again, the same window pops up. My airpods won’t stay permanently connected or even remembered by my phone for any longer than it takes to close the case.

iPhone 8

Posted on May 11, 2020 11:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 4:58 AM

Hello,

You might try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone keeps forgetting airpods as a device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.