You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do we solve the technical problem of Goldman Sachs taking 7-10+ days to apply payment to available credit?

This is a follow-up to my post on the closed discussion over here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250676909?answerId=251737760022#251737760022

The general consensus in that thread was that for large payments from bank to Apple Card, the amount of time Goldman Sachs takes to post payments to the available credit on the Apple Card can be excessive -- 7 to 10 days or more.  A workaround of transferring bank -> Apple Cash -> Apple Card is only good for $5,000 per day and has limit of $10,000 in any seven day period.  That proved too limiting (to me) around Christmas time, which is when the original thread had a high volume of activity.

How do we solve this this technical problem with Apple Card?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 11, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:15 AM

I did reach out to Goldmans Sachs several times. They were unable to offer any relief.

This issue came to a head for me round Christmas, because I couldn't get payments to be applied to my available spending fast enough to keep up with my spending. It put a damper on my ability to use the Apple Card for all my Christmas buying. I had to use other cards. This was the case even though I had ample cash to pay down the entire balance in order to keep using the card. But the technical issue with the way they arbitrarily delay processing payments is definitely an impediment. :-(

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2020 10:15 AM in response to askbarnabas

I did reach out to Goldmans Sachs several times. They were unable to offer any relief.

This issue came to a head for me round Christmas, because I couldn't get payments to be applied to my available spending fast enough to keep up with my spending. It put a damper on my ability to use the Apple Card for all my Christmas buying. I had to use other cards. This was the case even though I had ample cash to pay down the entire balance in order to keep using the card. But the technical issue with the way they arbitrarily delay processing payments is definitely an impediment. :-(

May 12, 2020 6:52 PM in response to L.Shaner

Okay. I figured out how we as a community can solve this technical problem.

In the original thread I said I was going to file a complaint with the SEC.

Months later, I did finally get a reply to my formal complaint!

It turns out this isn't in the jurisdiction of the SEC, but they provided a SUPER helpful response.

We can all help solve this problem by following the guidance that I got back from the SEC:

Dear Mr. Shaner:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The issue you raise-- concerning Goldman Sach’s posting of payments to your
Apple Card -- does not fall under the SEC's jurisdiction.
As explained in greater detail on our website, http://www.sec.gov,
and enforces the federal laws that govern the sale and trading of stocks, bonds,
mutual funds, and other securities.
The SEC does not regulate banking issues.

As such, you may wish to contact a the federal banking regulator for assistance.
Contact information for the banking regulators is included in our publication,
available at https://www.sec.gov/answers/bankreg.htm. 

Additionally, you may also wish to contact the Consumer Financial Protection
Bureau (CFPB), the federal agency responsible for enforcing federal consumer financial
laws, for further assistance. You may submit a complaint by completing the CFPB’s
consumer complaint form, available on its website http://www.consumerfinance.gov.

You may also contact the CFPB directly as follows:

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
P.O. Box 4503
Iowa City, Iowa 52244
Fax (855) 237-2392
(855) 411-2372

Once again, thank you for contacting the SEC.

May 16, 2020 7:13 AM in response to Nol0

I do that. Problem is you can only do $5,000 a day, up to $10,000 in a 7-day period. I had already done that so I hit the button to pay off the balance the normal way. It took 10 days. I needed to make another large purchase during that time and could not. Meanwhile Goldman Sachs was holding my money hostage while they earned interest on it not me. It should be illegal.

May 16, 2020 7:21 AM in response to Nol0

Also, once I hit the $10,000 limit on the Bank->Apple Cash->Apple Card, and then also did Bank->Apple Card payoff., I could not do any more Bank->Apple Cash->Apple Card transfers, because the direct from Bank one was still pending, even after the 7 day $10K limit had rolled. They won't let you have a negative balance and they treat the bank payment as applied, even though it doesn't reflect in available credit. :-(

How do we solve the technical problem of Goldman Sachs taking 7-10+ days to apply payment to available credit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.