You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete partition

Hello i can't seem to delete some partitions that where left after deleting bootcamp

the EFI partitions and those 2 _HFS with 0b and 3.1kb.. how do i get rid of em?

im using a IMAC mid 2011 , i erased the full HD and it still has those partitions in it..

thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 11, 2020 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 12:11 PM

Hello Nrmanaaas,

It sounds as though after uninstalling bootcamp and formatting your hard disk, you're still seeing partitions on the disk.

Here is a resource that can help:

How to erase your disk

Specifically, use these steps:

"Choose View > Show All Devices from the menu bar in Disk Utility. The sidebar now shows your disks (devices) and any containers and volumes within them. The disk your Mac started up from is at the top of the list."

Please note these steps would permanently erase the data on the drive, and if possible creating a backup of any important on the drive is recommended.

Here's how to create a backup of your data:

How to backup your Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2020 12:11 PM in response to Nrmanaaas

Hello Nrmanaaas,

It sounds as though after uninstalling bootcamp and formatting your hard disk, you're still seeing partitions on the disk.

Here is a resource that can help:

How to erase your disk

Specifically, use these steps:

"Choose View > Show All Devices from the menu bar in Disk Utility. The sidebar now shows your disks (devices) and any containers and volumes within them. The disk your Mac started up from is at the top of the list."

Please note these steps would permanently erase the data on the drive, and if possible creating a backup of any important on the drive is recommended.

Here's how to create a backup of your data:

How to backup your Mac

Cheers!

can't delete partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.