You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Partition problem on IMAC

Hi all,

I have a brandnew IMAC with catalina installed.

I had to abort a bootcamp installation and ended up with more than 600gb of space that disappeared from my 2tb fusion drive. I was able to create some kind of partition out of it to make it usable as a separate drive, but I would like to delete this and get this space to be part of the main drive again.

Any help welcome.

Screenshot of current situation attached.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 2, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:16 AM

This will delete the data on the two partitions, so move it somewhere else before deleting the partitions.

You need to delete the * partition and then the HD2 partition, Macintosh HD should expand to take up the space used by the deleted partitions. If you delete HD2, first, Macintosh HD will not expand into it because of the little * partition. You can only enlarge into coincident space.

See Enlarge a Partition on a storage device section: Partition a physical disk in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2020 7:16 AM in response to delto95

This will delete the data on the two partitions, so move it somewhere else before deleting the partitions.

You need to delete the * partition and then the HD2 partition, Macintosh HD should expand to take up the space used by the deleted partitions. If you delete HD2, first, Macintosh HD will not expand into it because of the little * partition. You can only enlarge into coincident space.

See Enlarge a Partition on a storage device section: Partition a physical disk in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Partition problem on IMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.