You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro Charging Issue

Problem suddenly appeared charging my AirPod Pro unit ... yesterday it said the AirPods were charged at 6% and the case at 1%, despite being plugged in they wouldn't charge. I used the same USB cable to charge my iPhone and it worked so I know it wasn't a bad cable or bad power source. Then all of a sudden it said the AirPods were charged at 33% and the case at 8%. 10 minutes later I was down to 3% and 6%. It's crazy. I reset the AirPods by pushing the button on the case, still wouldn't charge all last night. Then all of a sudden this morning it IS charge. Now the AirPods are 99% and the case is 65%. What the heck is going on? Anyone else have this issue? Is the charge information transmitted to my iPhone incorrect or is it really not charging or what? It's very weird.

Posted on May 3, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 11:58 AM

Hello,

Check all of the connections for lint or other debris and see this:

If your AirPods won’t charge

Good luck.

2 replies

May 3, 2020 1:17 PM in response to MrBill3

Thanks but I did all of that stuff before I posted my question. None of it worked.

I got a green light on my AirPods case for the first time in days today! AirPods are at 100%, the case seems to have stopped charging at 84%.

It's very weird. I don't know what's going on.

Is there another way to safely clean the case?

AirPod Pro Charging Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.