You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time requests

Screen time requests for my child have stopped being sent to my partners phone/account that is setup as a parent in family sharing. Requests still come through to me as the organiser. No settings have changed to my knowledge and all seems in order as it was when working for the both of us. I’ve turned screen time off then back on on my child’s account but still not working for both of us. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 9:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:00 PM

I tried everything except toggle Ask to Buy on/off on my child’s family sharing settings. Once I did this the requests have started coming through to my partners phone again. The good old “turn it off and back on again” fix. Thanks for your help!

— Lest we forget.

2 replies

Apr 24, 2020 9:53 PM in response to cheaponos

The organizer can give another parent or guardian in the group permission to manage Ask to Buy requests. Only one adult needs to manage each purchase, and after it's done, the purchase is final.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing, tap your family member, then tap Parent/Guardian. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Family.

Screen time requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.