You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2010 Lion.XXX - DELETED THE WHOLE IOS

Hey

I'll make this short.

So i was gifted a macbook from a friend. - I Wanted to factory reset the whole computer - manged to delete the whole IOS software from the macbook - yeah.. really stupid of me i know. -

NOW - when i start the computer i'll get a file icon with a ''?'' sign on it. - (meaning it doesn't find any software (IOS) - it can't download it from the internet because Apple for some reason have deleted it from their cloud - SO - what is my options here? I can boot it from a usb, question is how? and.. with what software? I can buy LION from the appstore BUT i want to upgrade the software to maybe High Sierra?

Would be really grateful to get a fast and working solution here. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 4:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 7:33 AM

1. Reboot holding down Option (⌥) - Command (⌘) – R to enter Internet Recovery Mode (This downloads the installed from the Internet)
  2. Reinstall macOS from there

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Pro 2010 Lion.XXX - DELETED THE WHOLE IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.