You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X: Tempo Adjustment/Syncing of Imported Audio Files

I have been separately editing two audio files on Logic Pro X that I downloaded from the internet, and I want to make a mashup of them. The tempos are different and I cannot figure out a way to change it for either of them. Apparently, you cannot adjust the tempo of an imported audio file because it doesn't have a tempo associated with it. So, I used the smart tempo editor to analyze the region, and it gave a constant tempo of 104.0 BPM. I did the same for the other region (112.0 BPM). Even then, I couldn't change the tempo of either. I tried turning on flex and nothing changed. Does anyone have a solution? If anyone at  reads this, how about a feature which aligns the beat markers of multiple tracks at a given tempo?

Thanks,

Leo

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 6:48 PM

I cannot provide a detailed answer right now but the strategy is as follow:

Ensure all the files are properly Beat/Tempo marked.

Select one file as the project Tempo reference.

Be sure the Audio regions Flex and Follow setting is set properly.

Look at the following link: Match the tempo automatically in Logic Pro X - Apple Support. Be sure to check the link about Flex and Follow at the bottom.

WD

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2020 6:48 PM in response to leosclam

I cannot provide a detailed answer right now but the strategy is as follow:

Ensure all the files are properly Beat/Tempo marked.

Select one file as the project Tempo reference.

Be sure the Audio regions Flex and Follow setting is set properly.

Look at the following link: Match the tempo automatically in Logic Pro X - Apple Support. Be sure to check the link about Flex and Follow at the bottom.

WD

Logic Pro X: Tempo Adjustment/Syncing of Imported Audio Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.