You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dotted cloud symbol

I have uploaded many personal audios from Mac - add playlist - add audio into playlist - and it uploads to my iphone.

Now none of my new audios are uploading. I just see a dotted cloud symbol.

I have created space. Synced. nothing seems to be working?

Please advise. its urgent

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 9:32 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2020 10:53 AM in response to i_rina

thank you @i_rina...

none of the aboved helped.

I followed the : A dotted-line cloud

If you see a dotted-line cloud next to a song, then it might mean one of the following:

• Waiting: The song is in the process of being matched and hasn't been uploaded. Choose File > Library > Update Cloud Music Library to resolve this. 
  • Not Uploaded: The song was added from another device and can't be matched. To upload the song, turn on Sync Library on the computer where the original audio file is stored.
  • No longer available: The song is either not available in the Apple Music catalog, or hasn't been released yet.

I have also selected each file and "added to library" and added to device.

Still not working?

Mar 14, 2020 1:57 PM in response to graemefc

graemefc,

Sorry to see those steps didn't help to resolve the issue. Here are a couple of things that might help myself or others answer your question:

• What version of the macOS is currently on the Mac? Here's how to Find out which macOS your Mac is using
  • From where are the audio files being uploaded from? Another device? A website? Etc...?
  • If you get an error when you try to upload the file, please take a screenshot of the exact error you're seeing.

This information should help to narrow down and further isolate the cause of this issue.

Best wishes!

Mar 12, 2020 6:41 AM in response to graemefc

Hello graemefc,

I am glad that you posted your question here in the Apple Support Communities. I have a few links for you to look over that may help you find the answers you need.

First, check out this link which will help you to Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC. Please be sure to pay special attention to the section labeled "Cloud status icons -- A dotted-line cloud"

As it shows there, if the song is not uploading, you may have to enable Sync Library on your computer. Here's information on how to Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

I hope this information helps. Best regards!

dotted cloud symbol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.