You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot delete unsubscribed podcast

I subscribe to various podcasts to try out if I like. If not I unsubscribe , however the podcasts remain with the blue download icon. Running Windows 10 Pro with Itunes 12.10.3.1 version. I right click, select delete from Library and window pops up DELETE or CANCEL, do you want to delete 1,020 podcast. Click DELETE. Still there, THOUGHT?? Screen shot attached

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 9:06 AM

HI Birddog_1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have an issue deleting podcasts, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

After you confirm to delete those podcasts, if you close and reopen iTunes, or restart your computer, does that make a difference? Are they still there?

How about if you delete just one podcast? Does that delete successfully?

Have you tried setting the option for iTunes to delete podcasts after being listened to? If not, see if that helps. Change podcast settings in iTunes on PC

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Birddog_1

HI Birddog_1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have an issue deleting podcasts, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

After you confirm to delete those podcasts, if you close and reopen iTunes, or restart your computer, does that make a difference? Are they still there?

How about if you delete just one podcast? Does that delete successfully?

Have you tried setting the option for iTunes to delete podcasts after being listened to? If not, see if that helps. Change podcast settings in iTunes on PC

Thanks!

cannot delete unsubscribed podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.