You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

resubscribe to podcast

I was having a problem with a podcast I am subscribed to, so thought to "unsubscribe" in settings, and then subscribe again. But, even though I subscribed in iTunes to it, in iTunes on my computer the toggle button in settings for this podcast to be on or off, is toggled off...and grayed out.

So, how do I resubscribe? I am on a PC.

Posted on May 24, 2019 1:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 5:55 AM

If the Podcast series still appears in your Podcasts Library, you have to highlight it (the Podcast title) before you can resubscribe. Until you have a Podcast highlighted, the button will be greyed out.

and...

5 replies

May 26, 2019 7:17 AM in response to LunaBleu

LunaBleu wrote:

...I highlighted the podcast, and it said "unsubscribe" - which made no sense, but I clicked it anyway...and then when it became "subscribe" I clicked that. Problem solved. It now shows as Subscribed in my list.

To be clear;

• if the button states Subscribe, that means that you are not currently subscribed
  • if the button states Unsubscribe, that means you are currently subscribed

The button is telling you what action will be taken if you select it.

It is also possible to change your subscription option in the List View, although there does appear to be a little bug.

Below is a screenshot of the List View (looking at the Podcast "Science Friday"); right-click the Podcast header (highlighted blue in the screenshot) and select Subscribe Podcast from the pop-up menu:

Or right-click the three-dots icon on the right and select Subscribe Podcast from there:

However - here's the little issue once you have selected "subscribe". Check the screenshot below; the header at point A. on the screenshot still states "subscribe Podcast" (which is incorrect), while the pop-up menu at point B. states "Unsubscribe Podcast" and the status information at point C. has changed to remove the"not subscribed" message. Both B. and C. are correct:

This error only disappeared once I changed to look at my Music Library and then back to the Podcasts Library. Perhaps this is what led to your confusion. Below is a screenshot showing the correct information in all three places:

By the way, if you right-click the header at point C. (in the earlier screenshot), you will see similar options on that pop-up menu, one of which is the subscribe/unsubscribe option.

May 25, 2019 12:42 PM in response to the fiend

Thank you so very much!

My problem was "viewing" the podcast as a "List", which did not allow toggling at all, even if podcast was highlighted, as you say.

But when I changed the "view" to Classic List (which mimics your screen shot) I highlighted the podcast, and it said "unsubscribe" - which made no sense, but I clicked it anyway...and then when it became "subscribe" I clicked that. Problem solved. It now shows as Subscribed in my list.

Really appreciate your help and the screen shot most especially!

resubscribe to podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.