You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos on iPhone BUT not on MAC etc

Hi,

I saw a previous thread on how to delete photos on my iPhone but NOT on my MAC...ie do not use iCloud etc.

My question is can I disable the iCloud/optimization temporarily to 'clean up my phone' of all the photos...and then turn it back on/activate the cloud for future? I have over 3000 photos on my phone that I would like to delete...but then have the sync back on again.....lessons learned!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 3:54 PM

If those 3000 photos are still on your Mac, they will likely come back to the phone when the sync is turned back on. The goal of iCloud Photos sync is to have the same photos on all connected devices. (Some could be in lower resolution if storage optimization is enabled on that device, but at least the low-res copies would be on all devices.)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2020 3:54 PM in response to Red_b_me2

If those 3000 photos are still on your Mac, they will likely come back to the phone when the sync is turned back on. The goal of iCloud Photos sync is to have the same photos on all connected devices. (Some could be in lower resolution if storage optimization is enabled on that device, but at least the low-res copies would be on all devices.)

Deleting photos on iPhone BUT not on MAC etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.