You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch iOS 6 "ipod is disabled connect to iTunes"

Hello,

My iPod is "disabled connect to iTunes".

1) I have a brand new computer and my ipod, when this happened, has not synced to the new computer.

2) I have an icloud account that did not sync my data so none of my pictures were being backed up.

3) I know I still have my photos on my iPod because my home screen, where the message reads "disabled connect to iTunes", has a personal picture that is used as a background.

Can someone please help me back up my pictures without erasing it? All I can find is that it's not possible to access data on iPod when it's disabled and needs to be restored to have full access to iPod. There must be a way to extract data.

Please provide a solution and not a lecture. This is a new decade lol.

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 2:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 8:21 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately you must now fully restore your iPod to factory settings. This is a good example as to why it is important to always backup your data. There is no way for you to recover your information now.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Picturebackup123

Hello,

Unfortunately you must now fully restore your iPod to factory settings. This is a good example as to why it is important to always backup your data. There is no way for you to recover your information now.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Ipod Touch iOS 6 "ipod is disabled connect to iTunes"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.