You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent upgrade to Olympus Camera OMD EM5. RAW file no longer import to Photos

I recently upgraded to an Olympus OMD EM5 Mark iii from the Mark i. The RAW files (.orf) from the Mark i imported just fine into Photos and onto my iPad. The new camera .orf photos do not import, other than as a box with a question mark. Is there a fix on the way? I have both a MacBook Air (running Catalina) and an iPad. The .jpegs work just fine also.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 6:24 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 5, 2020 11:41 AM in response to lynnfromclearwater

Hello lynnfromclearwater and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about using RAW format files shot on an Olympus OMD EM5 Mark III on a Mac running macOS Catalina and on an iPad.

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and macOS Catalina - Apple Support

According to that document, RAW images for the Mark I and Mark II versions are supported but not the Mark III.

Cheers.

Recent upgrade to Olympus Camera OMD EM5. RAW file no longer import to Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.