You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

32 bit issue

I have a new computer but cannot access the microsoft word site. I have many things there that I don't want to lose. Do I need the 32 bit or 64 bit update and if so, how?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 7:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 11:16 AM

If you are using MS Office 2011 or older you must purchase (or subscribe) to MS Office 365 or use another program. I can recommend LibreOffice, an MS Office work alike that is open source. If you are using Office 2016, it originally shipped as a 32 bit application but an update was released later to make it 64bit compliant. The built in MS Office update program can download it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2019 11:16 AM in response to Wheatongirl

If you are using MS Office 2011 or older you must purchase (or subscribe) to MS Office 365 or use another program. I can recommend LibreOffice, an MS Office work alike that is open source. If you are using Office 2016, it originally shipped as a 32 bit application but an update was released later to make it 64bit compliant. The built in MS Office update program can download it.

32 bit issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.