You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help to retrieve text messages I deleted on accident

Can I retrieve a text conversation I deleted on accident

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 6:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 6:23 PM

That depends. If you sync your texts to iCloud, then they are not recoverable. If you do not sync to iCloud and you have a backup to either iTunes or iCloud that contains those messages you can restore that backup. Note that restoring a backup is all or nothing; it replaces all of the content on the phone with the contents of the backup. It isn't selective.

To check if you are syncing to iCloud go to Settings{your name}/iCloud and check the switch for Messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2019 6:23 PM in response to Aarerc12

That depends. If you sync your texts to iCloud, then they are not recoverable. If you do not sync to iCloud and you have a backup to either iTunes or iCloud that contains those messages you can restore that backup. Note that restoring a backup is all or nothing; it replaces all of the content on the phone with the contents of the backup. It isn't selective.

To check if you are syncing to iCloud go to Settings{your name}/iCloud and check the switch for Messages.

I need help to retrieve text messages I deleted on accident

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.