You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

columns disappeared from activity monitor

Since updating to Catalina, I no longer have columns in my Activity Monitor. We just received a major update that did not fix the problem. Is anybody else having this problem? My View/Show Columns has the columns I want to view checked.

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 1:54 AM

I can give you a couple of temporary fixes.Quit the activity monitor and delete the plist file.Upon relaunching activity monitor things should appear normal.You can also maximize the window and grab the spacer with you mouse and slide the other processes over to the left.But these are all temporary.I have had this problem since updating to Catalina.Every 3 or 4 days i have to move the other columns over to the left to view all processes in the same window.This a bug that should have never made it to Catalina final release.Apple fix it please.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2019 1:54 AM in response to onleewon

I can give you a couple of temporary fixes.Quit the activity monitor and delete the plist file.Upon relaunching activity monitor things should appear normal.You can also maximize the window and grab the spacer with you mouse and slide the other processes over to the left.But these are all temporary.I have had this problem since updating to Catalina.Every 3 or 4 days i have to move the other columns over to the left to view all processes in the same window.This a bug that should have never made it to Catalina final release.Apple fix it please.

Nov 5, 2019 7:56 PM in response to erich130

I put Solved, although the only solution will be Apple fixing the bug. At least now I can try to find out why my iPad and iPhone can access websites in a fraction of the time of my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017, with 8GB Radeon Pro 580 8GB) which is running on ethernet connection with 64 GB RAM. I've tried various browsers and turned off extensions.

Jan 12, 2020 10:47 PM in response to onleewon

The problem wth the disappeared columns is caused by the fact that the first column, which is usually Process Name gets wider and wider and wider and this pushes all of the other columns out of the right side of the display box.

You can see it as the Process Name column header moves further and further to the right and presumably will leave the display window entirely, given time. I have reported this to Apple Feedback. I guess we wait till they fix it,

Robert.

columns disappeared from activity monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.