You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My external apple CD/DVD drive does not work since I upgraded to Catalina.

My external apple CD/DVD drive does not work since I upgraded to Catalina. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a known fix.

When I put a CD in the external drive the mac seems to recognise it and can show the contents, but then seems to think there's two drives and flicks rapidly between them.

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 8:25 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2019 2:02 PM in response to Maxtoby

Please restart in Safe Mode, if the problem persists please contact the manufactures of the drive to see if they have support for that drive in Catalina.

To learn how to do restart in Safe Mode please click https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 . When doing a Safe Mode restart hold down the Shift Key until the computer starts up in Safe Mode, this can take up to 10 minutes.

My external apple CD/DVD drive does not work since I upgraded to Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.